The purpose of Relief Society, as established by the Lord, is to organize, teach, and inspire His daughters to prepare them for the blessings of eternal life.

LN 4th Ward Relief Society Theme

LN 4th Ward Relief Society Theme


General Relief Society Broadcast

General Relief Society Broadcast
Click on image for video link for all talks from broadcast.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

November 8 Lesson, Joseph Smith’s Feelings about His Prophetic Mission, chapter 45

The Prophet Joseph said, “I have no desire but to do all men good.” It is remarkable that while the Prophet was enduring so much persecution and was pressured by the constant demands of the growing Church, he found time to show that he cared for each Church member as an individual. Many Saints in later years remembered the love and kindness the Prophet Joseph showed to them.

The Prophet Joseph was tall and strong, yet he was very humble and knew his life’s mission: “I am a rough stone. The sound of the hammer and chisel was never heard on me until the Lord took me in hand. I desire the learning and wisdom of heaven alone…

I prophesy and bear record this morning that all the combined powers of earth and hell shall not and cannot ever overthrow or overcome this boy, for I have a promise from the eternal.”

The Prophet’s message is for all, “I have intended my remarks for all, both rich and poor, bond and free, great and small. I have no enmity against any man. I love you all; but I hate some of your deeds. I am your best friend, and if persons miss their mark it is their own fault. If I reprove a man, and he hates me, he is a fool; for I love all men, especially these my brethren and sisters.”

The Prophet Joseph knew his time was short and in the sermons and writings of the last few years of his life, there was a sense of urgency in his words and he labored earnestly to teach the saints.

May each of us live our lives in a similar manner – with a sense of urgency to serve those in our families, our ward, and our community; with a desire to do what is right always; and be humble and God fearing.

0 Comments: